I am Shi Hao / 仕豪, one of the most irritating / funniest person you would have ever met. It all depends on your perspective. I love baking & Celine Dion.

My birthday falls on 6th July and you better remember it!

You are listening to:


Barbra Streisand /
People

Drop a tag


Classics
Video Dedication To 0625A
Best Of Celine Part 1
Best Of Celine Part 2
My Boobs Will Grow On
Cass' Moments
Unglamorous
Office Politics
Celine Freak
Chocolate Obsession
Wushurians Cam-pimps TTM
Singing Power
Bilingualism Failure
The Saviour
Wiggies
Domestic Violence Trilogy
The Glory Of Fangling A.K.A My "Mother"


Choristers

Ying Ying(静颖) Jie Jie(敏洁) Shawn(国健) Ping Ping(仙苹) Hui Hui(颖慧) Ling Ling(毓玲) Quan Quan(云荃)

武’s

Ling Ling Eddie Audrey LoLing Jing Ma Ma Novyn Louis Amos

IJ Chums

Zhiping Fangling Pauline Nasuha Syahirah Munirah Felicia Funan

Cousin

Stacy
Stacy's Photography Galore

Diner's
Sharidah

Friday, March 12, 2010
Phew....been reaching home at around sinister times like 2300++ for the past 4 days. It's good to finally see the sun set and CCK today :D.

Okay, let's get to the Avatar VS The Hurt Locker Subject.



As you people know, the Oscars were held in the Kodak Theater at Hollywoods on Monday morning local time. I was sitting nervously at my cubicle, serving the IRRITATING CALLERS WHO ALWAYS ASK FOR WAIVERS FOR LATE PAYMENT WHEN THEY FAILED TO PAY ON TIME while checking up the Oscars' website for updates on the progress of the show. It's like most of the awards have already been updated like Best Actress/Actor and Best Director (KATHRYN BIGELOW!!!! YAY & BOO!) It's only the Best Picture which is left. As you people may know, the whole world isn't giving the SHIT about the other 8 nominated films. It is so obvious that the fight is only between Avatar & The Hurt Locker which some papers and magazines have named it as Goliath VS David.

I was like damn freaking excited throughout the course of the show that I was refreshing the page every 1 or 2 minutes to see if the results are out. But till lunchtime there was no results, so I went ahead with lunch with the thought of Avatar winning the golden statuette still clinching onto my mind. In the end, the screen which I saw after coming back from lunch was......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! As an AVID FAN of Avatar who went to watch it 4 TIMES in the cinemas, I almost went BERSERK when I saw the results.

I kept telling myself "THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It took me like 15 mins to accept the fact that Avatar had lost, just like how Goliath was slain in the hands of David :(

The triumph of The Hurt Locker could only mean ONE thing......THE PROPHECY OF 2012 IS TRUE!!!!!! DOOMSDAY IS INDEED COMING!! ARGH!!! Avatar's loss is already a HARBINGER OF THE APOCALYPSE!!! PREPARE YOURSELVES PEOPLE!!!!! Begin your search for the arks in China!

Till now, I still think The Hurt Locker's win isn't DESERVING AT ALL!!!

Firstly, the award is called BEST Picture for a reason. It is to reward the BEST PICTURE in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY!!!

Like seriously, I wonder what is their criteria for Best Picture. It's either they're really STUPID ENOUGH to think that Hurt Locker is REALLY GOOD (War films aren't really my cup of tea) or that they just think Avatar has broken enough records and earned enough accolades.

While some FUC*oops*, PEOPLE, like this guy below

feels that Avatar is crap

I personally feel avatar has done FAR MORE THAN ENOUGH to win the title of BEST PICTURE

Best, according the dictionary.com, means of the highest quality, excellence or standings

Firstly, best films often have a message to bring across. In this aspect, both film managed to score with flying colours, even though I don't know what a movie about a bomb squad disarming bombs in Iraq is trying to potray but since it won Best Picture, it must have some hidden meaning which I can't be bothered to find out. So hence, there shall be no dispute in this case as to where both films are the main contender of best film. However, when you failed to bring across the message to the masses and no one even get what you're trying to say, do you still call that best picture?? Avatar managed to get it's message across to MILLIONS of people while The Hurt Locker only brought it to maybe a few hundred thousand?? When you make films which commoners (which is the majority of viewers) can't even understand, what's the whole point of it?? Not only does it hurt the sales, you also fail to get the point through. So tell me how in this case can The Hurt Locker win best picture? Avatar on the other hand, manages to bring across it's environmental and anti industrialization message across.

Secondly, movies are part of the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. MOVIES ARE MEANT TO ENTERTAIN PEOPLE!!! In my opinion, entertainment value is directly proportional to popularity. With the PATHETIC no. of tickets that The Hurt Locker has sold, I seriously can't even link the word to the movie. Plus don't give me the crap of many people has expressed their hatred for Avatar. This is just THE JEALOUSY, THE SKEPTIC & THE CYNICS in us. When something or someone gets to successful, many people tend to get the critical about it and starts picking on EVERY SINGLE DETAIL! It's just like how David Foster described 'My Heart Will Go On' after it attained global popularity "People hate to love the song and they love to hate the song" this is the price that often comes with fame. But let's just face it, deep down in us, WE LOVE My Heart Will Go On. If that isn't the case, explain the sales of more than 10 million copies sold to me. Plus the face that it went no.1 in more than 20 countries.

Third, box office. This is simple. Don't give me the BULLSHIT that this isn't one of the criteria for judging a movie. If not, please tell me how TITANIC manage to win Best Picture back in 1997 when in fact it's only a SIMPLISTIC LOVE STORY which uses the Titanic as the background. Avatar, as the holder of the highest grossing film with more than US$ 2.5billion made, should without a doubt has a double edge when it comes to the fight for Best Picture with The Hurt Locker whose earnings is only 0.82%!!!

Fourth, the technology used in both films. I guess that needs no explanation.

So you see, AVATAR IS THE RIGHTFUL WINNER OF BEST PICTURE!!!



|Shi Hao| 10:27 PM|

------