Tuesday, June 1, 2010
BACKLOG CLEARING!!!
Went over to XP's for her 21st celebration. Her actual birth date falls on 3rd of June but she decided that she wanted to celebrate it earlier.
The plan was to meet YL, MJ & Shawn at Lot One to get XP's present before heading over to her place. It was raining at that point of time. Lazy to bring an umbrella along, I decided to take the long route through flats and under the LRT & MRT tracks to avoid the rain plus to protect my feet from getting wet [my fungus problem is still bugging me )= ]In the end, my feet still got wet despite my efforts &%^*%&^%(&*
Met up with the 3 and after a short discussion. We came to the consensus of getting XP a watch and hence headed for City Chain. Spent about 20 minutes inside before deciding that the cheaper watches are either too ugly or not to XP's liking and the suitable ones are too pricey (The budget was around $120, so it was $15 per person). Went up a level still with getting a watch in mind. We gave up after another fruitless search in another store, the watches sold there just weren't too appealing.
So now, there was a change in plan. Instead of a watch. We decided to get her a thumbdrive, Iphone cover and screen protector. After some bargaining from the handphone accessories seller. We managed to get a discount from her. But the auntie spirit in YL pushed her to ask for a further discount until I dissuaded her from doing so. Like come on, cut people some slack, she have to support herself too!
So, these are what we bought for XP :D
A 16 GB Thumbdrive, an anti-glare & anti-print screen protector and a black ipod cover.
I was actually more inclined for a silver coloured cover, but as always, I go with the majority :D
Displayed my cam pimping skill while waiting for JY. YL was totally awed by how well I could take self shots at such precise angles and positions
What can I say? The time spent in the 3000+ photos on facebook wasn't in wasted :D
JY!!!
I thought her lappie holder went well with her top. I've always like monochromatic dressing :D I mean if I ever start to spend on clothings. I would get sets of top, bottom, socks and shoes in white, black, pink, blue and red :D
MJ attempted to CLAMP MY FACE WITH THE HOLDERS!!!!
Met up with YH & Bec as planned. Cass will be late, AS USUAL!!!!
Reached XP's house around 1300. She was preparing her mango salad which i didn't get to try cause I simply forgot its existence when the feast started :(
Curry, it looks very oily at first but turns out to be just right
THE FEAST :D
Played around a bit before we started lunch
MJ playing Tap Tap Revenge 3 to the tune of 2 Different Tears by Wonder Girls
Concentrating real hard
But still a 95% :(
Hence I decided to took over. Of course I got a FULL 100% and even helped shawn earned a medal according to him. :D
Next, Uno Stacko
Bec said the game was too exciting and she need to CALM HER NERVES EVEN BEFORE THE GAME STARTED!!!
WTH?! LOSER!!!!
Sometime after the game started
So now it was JY's turn
Careful.... caaaaaaareful
Geez man... she can't take the stress any longer
But still, she managed to compose herself :D
So now, it's up to Shawn whether or not will the game ends
Confidently, he tackles the shaky tower,
and with assurance, he strikes his victory pose
Only to find out a few seconds later......
WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Okay, actually MJ played a part in the fall of the tower.
But we still had fun nonetheless :)
Took some shots before proceeding to lunch and a great movie, Erin Brokovich ;)
I loved this lamp the first time I saw it, but it's being hung way too low
Another evidence of my superb cam pimping skills :P
I seriously have no idea what that face was for
To extend my support for saving earth after earth 60, I made everyone use ONLY 1 CUP for that day
PERSONALIZED :D
CASS IS HERE!
AHHHHH!!!
DOUBLE CHIN!!!!
Enjoying the movie as we eat
I think you people should really watch Erin Brokovich. It's a really great show which tells of how a single mother of 3 with no job and less than $20 in her bank account managed to save a small town from the lies & deception of a giant corporation and making history in the US law industry. Julia Roberts portrayal of a feisty, determined, sensitive & not forgetting vulgar Erin Brokovich left me absolutely no doubt with her winning of the 2000 Academy Best Actress :D The movie reminds me of a chinese idiom,
愚公移山.
The guests broke into their own small groups after the movies and engaged in their own activities, be it games or chat or....
CAM PIMPING!!!!
I wished I had left the cap loose
Oh, JY, Shawn & I decided to get ourselves some ice cream in the midst of the chaos
JY & Shawn got themselves udders while I got myself a tub of S'mores from Ben & Jerry's :P Okay, I know I'm on
A DIET, so I
SHARED the tub with YH, Bec, MJ and Cass okay!
Anyway, back to the cam!
MJ backed out of the session a lil while later
and she wouldn't budge no matter how I coerced or persuaded her. Oh well, looks like Cass & I are just gonna carry on without her :)
Okay, there's actually nothing in the oven :P
If you present these to your guests, you'll end up eating them
BY YOURSELF!
I just can't seem to get the feel which I want for these stool :(
JY's Laptop holder
JY's laptop, small sized like the owner XD
Okay, end of our nonsense. Let's talk about hair! :D I don't know how they came to the subject regarding hair and plaits. Soon, they found themselves tying plaits/pigtails for one another....
JY's up first :D
Somehow, her hair's too short to hold the plaits, it came off like 3 sec after cass let off her hands
Next, the one with the longest hair :D
Suddenly, I had an
IDEA :P
TA DAH!!!!
YH must have hated me sooooooooooooo much, but that doesn't decrease it's comical value :P
HALF TIME!!! BDAY SONG & CAKE CUTTING CEREMONY!
XP's friends
Kendo friends, I think
These should be her Uni friends
THE CHORISTERS :D
*SLASH*
Okay, are we done with the cake?!
I WANNA CAM PIMP!!!!
But no one listened to me....they went on with some cutesy card game which is kinda like snap. Except that you don't give out the card to players and they don't stack up the cards and shout snap when the next card placed on the deck is identical to the one prior. Instead, all the cards are being spread out & faced down. In a particular order, each player turns a random card around revealing the picture of the card. Once there are 3 identical cards being revealed. One would have to shout
"UGLY UGLY UGLY" and snatch as many of the 3 cards as possible. Then winner with the most card would win. But I think the person with the most cards will also become the
UGLIEST!
But anyway, the cards are quite cute nevertheless
Can we get back to the cam pimping??
THANK YOU!!
My Emo Album
I died........
Now, Shi Hao's Show-Off Album! :P
TAKE THAT, FANGLING!!!!
I remember doing this everyday when I was still in lower sec
FL!!!!!!
Next, the taiji move which I love
and hate the most
hahah, cause I tend to fall 7 out of 10 attempts
YAY!!!!
Okay la, think I shall end the post here, time for bed! :D
Lastly,
HAPPY BDAY XP!!!
|Shi Hao| 11:54 PM|
------