Saturday, August 7, 2010
Alright, it's time for another song :D Yes, it's I Don't Want To Miss To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith and I guess most of you would be hearing this rendition of this song for the first time, afterall the singer is from The Philippines.She's called Regine Velasquez otherwise known as Asian's Song Bird. Do wiki her :)
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Coz I'd miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Coz even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Laying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Coz I'd miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Coz even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
I just wanna be with you
Right here with you just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment for all the rest of time
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Coz I'd miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Coz I'd miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Coz even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss a thing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought of using this song after seeing the rendition by Ito Yuna as posted on YH's facebook profile.
How was it? I thought it was okay till the bridge and the final chorus when she went into a falsetto. It's supposed to be the climax of the entire song but she went into anti climax by choosing not to belt. Plus the orchestra arrangement was like way too over the top which isn't really helping in featuring her voice. I personally prefer Regine's version because firstly, she fully utilized her belting abilities and gave the song its well deserved justice and secondly it isn't too heavy on the instrumental portion. Asian Songbird, a deserving title indeed. But nothing beats Celine still! Did you people know this song was originally meant for Celine?? Somehow or rather they decided to give it to Aerosmith. Oh yeah, the portion in Wikipedia which states this fact was added by me quite a few years back :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D 0 Week has ended and school will be officially starting next week. I'm so freaking looking forward to attending lectures and tutorials. I REALLY MISS MY STUDENT LIFE!
Oh, these are the modules which I will be taking for the first semester
- Introduction To Chinese Studies
- Introduction To Chinese Language
- French 1
- Genes And Society
- Introduction To World Religions
For the 1st and 2nd Mods. It's NOT THAT that I didn't meet the requirements for the modules thus I have to take them, They are COMPULSORY MODULES FOR ME
I took No.4 just because MJ is taking and she said it's alright
For No.5, I took it only because I couldn't take some other modules which I have greater interest in due to either sky high bidding points or unearthly lecture timings like 1900-2200. So I just took this which I have the next greatest interest in.
As for No.3, I guess most of my good friends know why I'm taking it. It's actually just because I want to understand Celine's french songs. It's as simple as that. Anyway, I got an email from the relevant dept and it's completely in french -_- Like excuse me, I'm taking basic french because I don't know any french other than the lyrics and meaning of Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore and maybe On Ne Change Pas and you're hear sending me an email completely in french when I have yet to attend even 1 lesson?? So strange. If we're supposed to have a basic knowledge of french it should be stated in the prerequisites which in this case is 'Nil'!
Alright, enough ranting for now. I need to gear up for school right now! :D GO SHI HAO! ALL THE WAY!! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So orientation has ended officially yesterday. Some of the phrases which will be stuck in my mind for the quite sometime would surely be 'Power Up', 'Niiiiice' 'Tau Pok' etc
Speaking of Tau Pok, I thought I have never ever been Tau Poked in my life until I saw this picture

IDIOTS!!!! -_-
Enjoyed myself throughout 0 week. I wouldn't say thoroughly but it's really quite fun, other than the part where I was forced to get into the sea, but I didn't ultimately :P All thanks to allergies :)
Some pictures of some moments during our war games. I didn't bring my cam because I thought I wouldn't be cam pimping with people I just knew. But somehow I still did :P
This was a few moments before our rolling on the mud game. Shucks man, I failed to notice the camera :(
This was after the rolling. We were required to roll over a wet and muddy patch of grass with our mouth filled with water. We were supposed to spit the water into the plastic bottle as shown above
This was the group picture after the game. My back was freaking dirty!! Okay la, it was really fun after I got over the dirty part :P
Another game during the war games event was the straw passing game which required a great deal of intimacy between players. We were supposed to pass the straws using the space between our nose and our upper lips.
To make things easier, we were made to apply peanut butter on the part above our mouth so that the straw would adhere better
I had to get back at whoever who applied huge chunks of peanut butter on me during the course of the game! :P
For the finale of the war games yesterday, we were to play this FREAKING VIOLENT WATER BOMB GAME!!! Okay, it shouldn't be that violent but things turned out for the worse, VERY WORSE!
There was 2 rounds to the game. For the 1st round, each house (We had 4 houses in total and I was in the yellow house) was supposed to come up with battle ships with crews of 8 as depicted in the following pic
The crew was bounded together by a piece of raffia string with the captain holding on to a hoop covered by newspaper in the front. There's a giant hoop which is situated at the base of each house also covered with newspaper The purpose of the whole game is for the 4 opposing houses to destroy each others main hoop and throwing their water bombs right through the newspapers. Battleships are destroyed once the newspaper on their hoop tears
Round 1:
We got into a feud with one the other house due to some unknown reason. Apparently one of the water bomb which DEFINITELY WASN'T fired by my team hit the boobs of one of the bystander from the opposing house and she started crying. I don't know how much it hurt but she was definitely crying hysterically. It was during this time when one of the member from the house started yelling at us with his wide ranged of VULGARITIES!! WTH?! We didn't even know what happened! Even if we did hit her, there is absolutely no need for the use of expletives! He was completely making the whole place feeling like some army camp and thinking that he's some BIG FOXTROTTING OFFICER! Argh, but we were lucky that the referee was there to shut him up (though he didn't really shut up but at least the referee managed to divert his attention to from us to him. Well, from what I see he's just feeling sore that my team brought down his house's main hoop just minutes into the game and he was just using that incident as a medium to get back at us. SORE LOSER!
Round 2:
Before the whistle was blown, the whole Vulgar Boobies team was already facing us. It's so obvious that they're taking their revenge. The whole house just charged towards us and started hurling all of their water bombs once the whistle was blown,
Most of my mates got headshots and I got a direct hit on freaking neck! For a moment, my vision turned COMPLETELY RED! I thought if the hit was a bit harder, I would have FAINTED! Okay, not to that extend but it REALLY HURTS! I shall stop talking about it. It's seriously a bad experience :(
Anyway, this was after the game :D
*CHEERS!*
Okay enough of the games. Let's have a little talk about my favourite moment during O' week.
HTHT!!! :D A.K.A Heart To Heart Talk :)
I've always find it fun to just sit down and talk to someone after the end of the day. Actually any time of the day. Be it something minor/major, important/useless, serious/crap, I just want to talk! :) Besides, it's a good way to get to know each other and bond. But now I realised I don't like to do HTHT deep into the night, especially in a group. Cause I'm not a nocturnal animal! I seriously wanted to sleep during part of our HTHTs, the only thing which is keeping me from going to sleep is because I don't wanna be deemed as anti social. Anyway, it's still nice to get to know the mates through HTHT :D The only regret I had was not bringing my camera to cam pimp :P
|Shi Hao| 11:34 PM|
------