Friday, January 7, 2011
If I hadn't known better, I would've thought that I was living in the shooting studio of Mediacorp for the past few days. It was really like living a Channel 8 Drama. Anyway, I bet most of you Chinese have heard of this phrase “万事俱备,只欠东风” For those who doesn't understand, it loosely translates to "Everything is in place, what's left is the Eastern Wind". Well, somewhere round that corner, and please do not ask me where the allusion originates from. I might just end up writing a long piece of essay with no direct relation to whatever I'm intending to blog about.
Anyway, it's true everything is in place... I'm ready to move out of the house anytime. Just that I still do not know who is kind enough and trusts me enough to be my Eastern Wind. Basically, I need a guarantor for my tuition loan if I'm moving out. 'Cause once I'm out of my house, I'm not expecting dad to pay for my fees through his CPF savings anymore (Tell you why in the next post). So yeah, I've got a place and a job which secures my living expenses, just that the guarantor thing is giving me a headache. Can't possibly ask both my parents or my bro to do it. Hmm.... Oh well, whatever, I'll figure this out myself.. so until then, I'm basically stuck at home till I find my guarantor.
Speaking about Channel 8 Drama, I think I can really win myself a Tony award if I decide to venture into theatrics. As you people may know, I'm really having lots and lots of problems with mom lately (It wasn't until bro spoke to her yesterday in hopes of salvaging the situation did we know what exactly is wrong with her), and the tension began building up on Monday before it climaxed on Tuesday. Yesterday was when there was a minor eruption but my bro managed to stop it.
So yeah, she scolded me on Monday morning, for something which I can't really remember. Oh yeah, it was regarding my Wushu camp thing. Reason being I've been going out a lot during my semester break and not spending enough time on my brother's academics. Plus another reason is because I only told her the night before and I knew that the camp was going to be held a few weeks before, that's why she's so pissed. The argument just went on and on for about 2 hours or so and I don't know how it led to the point when I made a very rude comment in a very condescending tone which goes 'Will you die if you don't scream and shout for a single day?' This was the fatal blow which really caused my mom to use her finishing move. She gave me a DOUBLE SLAP! WTH?! I told myself before that I won't ever allow myself to be slapped by anyone. So when she attempted to slap me for the third time, I parried her move by hitting her slapping hand. I can still hear the great big 'OUCH' which she made when I did that, SHE SOOO HAVE THAT COMING! Anyway, the first day of conflict ended with me saying sorry... AS ALWAYS!
So after the slaps, I've decided... this time it's really time for me LEAVE THE HOUSE! I can't put up with her antics and live under her dictatorship anymore. It never fails to amaze me how my father manage to put up with her after close to 30 years. I mean, I know she did a lot of stuff and sacrificed a lot for the family, but THAT DOESN'T GRANT HER PERMISSION TO BE TYRANNICAL!!! So the rest of the day was spent looking for accommodation, a job and other miscellaneous stuff. Called up the bank to have my queries regarding my account answered. Looked up for the 3 telecommunication companies for mobile broadband plan etc. These 2 were easily settled. Next, accommodation. Called up YQ, and got to know that there are vacancies at D campus located at Dhoby Ghaut. Checked out the prices. It's pretty steep. So I decided to put that own hold for the moment and skipped to the problem of my expenses. Called up Agnes and told her if there was a job and I got it, but it needs to comply to my timetable which isn't out yet. But I told her that the situation was I can only work on night shifts on weekdays and normal shift on weekends. Since I've worked there before and have established quite a high level of friendship among my colleagues and superior, she basically agreed to my requests and said that I could start working on Feb(THE POWER OF EQ!!). So I did the maths, and I realised that I'll be earning close to $1000/Mth. That means I have MORE THAN ENOUGH to cover the rent, school fees and my own expenditure :D YIPEEE!! Plus my time table has been more than confirmed already. So that means i can really move out any minute now.
But one person was dissuading me from doing this, though that person did try to help to, F. F was really concerned if I would be able to cope with my studies if I really move out and work at the same time. Plus, F thinks that I'm too coward to really move out and thought I was only saying it in a moment of anguish. But after some explanation, F began to think it might be a good idea for me to move out too as my studies would be affected even more if I were continue to stay at home. F even offered me a place to stay for free! Not at F's place of course but at F's hostel which F's doesn't reside in. Was really thankful and touched by the offer but I was really a little reluctant to move in due to the location and the accessibility to places such as school and work. But since F insisted, I gave in. But I still kept D Campus as back up plan. However, F still wasn't fully supportive of the idea of me moving out, so F kept dissuading me even though F offered the hostel. Well, I do find it a little irritating that F thought I wasn't serious and kept asking me not to do it. But I'm happy at the same time that F was stopping me :) Hurhur, indirect way of showing concern. Gotta love that :P
To Be Continued....
|Shi Hao| 3:05 PM|
------