I am Shi Hao / 仕豪, one of the most irritating / funniest person you would have ever met. It all depends on your perspective. I love baking & Celine Dion.

My birthday falls on 6th July and you better remember it!

You are listening to:


Barbra Streisand /
People

Drop a tag


Classics
Video Dedication To 0625A
Best Of Celine Part 1
Best Of Celine Part 2
My Boobs Will Grow On
Cass' Moments
Unglamorous
Office Politics
Celine Freak
Chocolate Obsession
Wushurians Cam-pimps TTM
Singing Power
Bilingualism Failure
The Saviour
Wiggies
Domestic Violence Trilogy
The Glory Of Fangling A.K.A My "Mother"


Choristers

Ying Ying(静颖) Jie Jie(敏洁) Shawn(国健) Ping Ping(仙苹) Hui Hui(颖慧) Ling Ling(毓玲) Quan Quan(云荃)

武’s

Ling Ling Eddie Audrey LoLing Jing Ma Ma Novyn Louis Amos

IJ Chums

Zhiping Fangling Pauline Nasuha Syahirah Munirah Felicia Funan

Cousin

Stacy
Stacy's Photography Galore

Diner's
Sharidah

Friday, October 14, 2011
Discovered another ice cream parlour with the help of Shawn the other day. But honestly, the location is beyond ulu.... if it wasn't for Shawn I think I would never have heard about the place :P Oops, did I mention Ice Cream?? No no no, I'm supposed to be in a strict diet :P

Okay, anyway Shawn got to know of the promotion that the Ice Parlour is offering from NUStyle. It's like 4 scoops of ice cream with a waffle for the price of $6++. The place is situated somewhere around One North, which is really deep inside the 'Woods' beside Buona Vista station.

Though ulu, the houses within that area is AWESOME!
 (Shawn's Backview)
Looks like some high end private residential estate doesn't it? Who would've thought.... If I could I would also want to live here. The location however, is really a bit of a turn off :(
Hurhur, looks like my cam pimping skills are still up there :P I was still worried whether my skills have gone rusty.. :P Oh well, the years of training plus the over 5000+ pics sure have taken effect :P

Oh yeah, I have yet to tell you the name of the place. It's simply and aptly called...
"Simply Shiok"

Basically the concept of the shop is similar to Island Creamery, with lots of postcards/photos pasted no the wall as their 'wallpaper'
In overall, the place is a fusion of Island Creamery and the now defunct Swirl. But with the 'Crowd' present in the shop (It was perpetually empty), I think it'll close down sooner or later no matter how awesome the ice cream is :( It's really too ulu la... :(

But oh well, here comes the highlights of the trip... THE ICE CREAM!
Triple Scoop! They call it the 'Sampler' -_- which is seriously sooooo misleading.... I had Dark Choc, Tiramisu and Apple Pie. Honestly, it was just so so... didn't really blow me away or anything, the tiramisu had a coffee flavour which was far too overpowering. I think they should have called it Coffee instead of Tiramisu, it's just way too heavy. The choc was alright, I'm not really a raving fan, but neither do I hate it. As for the apple pie flavoured scoop, I guess maybe I had too much Apple Pie Ice cream from Island Creamery, hence I didn't really went wow over it.

And the waffle! Shawn asked the owner with regards to the size of the waffle prior to ordering it (We were going for it anyway, haha) and the owner said that the waffle is rather small, and true to her words....
IT'S REALLY SMALL! Makes the owner feel like a stingy ass!!! And when we asked for maple syrup, the was what we got
Is this some joke or what? The waffle is pathetically small, but the syrup which came was ridiculously huge... and yeah, I had to take a picture with it... hurhur :P
Aunt Jemima! Hahaha

Thanks to Shawn Lim for treat!! Thanks a lot!!! Will bake more cakes for you next time! :)

Next, met up with Yeeling after my Ice Cream Escapade.
It was weird thinking about it when she smsed me that morning asking if I was free for dinner. I thought there was something amiss at that point of time. Turn out she was just feeling random and hence decided to ask me out for dinner. So of course, I brought her to Fat Ed's (that's the place which I would always recommend my friends)

It has been ages since I went out with her...

and it's customary that we always take pictures the food we order
Fish N' Chips & Chicken Chop! I wanted to order pasta initially, but thinking about all the carbo which is present within pasta, I opt for proteins instead :P DIET!!!! (Okay, I know it'll sound like bullshit after I had 4 scoops of ice cream with Shawn)

Oh yeah! I had one of the longest walk in my life after dinner. I literally WALKED BACK to ling ling's home from 6th Avenue after dinner on the context of losing weight (Ling ling said she wanted to lose weight too, like who is she trying to bluff :P Hurhur. But yeah, gotta give her credit also, she has slimmed down a lot ever since I first saw her in 2006)

We stopped by my playground, Tott, on our way back. Brought ling ling in to look at the wide variety of cook/bakeware which they sell...

I always love going to Tott, they sell ALMOST everything (They didn't sell 2 of the things which I was looking for, Baking Strip and Flexible cutting board)

Oh, just to show you people how expensive copper ware are
Yeah, the saucepan with the long handle, it costs $87.80! Plus it's just about the size of my palm. I don't really know what's up with copper ware that people will actually spend that kind of money on it. But I do know copper bowls are very good for whipping meringues. There is something about copper ions which will allow egg whites to be whipped to it's full volume. Yes, copper is toxic in large amount, but it is perfectly alright for us to whip egg whites using it.

Show you guys another thing, how "AWESOME" is yeeling's camming skills
Superb ain't it?? hurhur

My skills on the other hand just aren't on par with hers :(
Sigh, when can I achieve yeeling's standard?? Hurhur :P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was talking to Hui Jun the other night.... yes, about baking again. I always love talking to Hui Jun. She is the only person I know who share the same language with me, baking language, hurhur. Tried talking to Fangling about it in the past but all she was interested in is eating the baking product, what a waste of time :P

Hui jun said something which I cannot agree more

"Baking is so addictive!"

Indeed, I never once thought I would fall so much in love with baking, to the extent that sometimes I feel that I put in much more effort in baking more than my own work. But not to worry, I do know where my limits are. Plus baking doesn't really take up lot of time if you do know what you are gonna do. Just draw out the plan, know the recipe well enough, and you will find the batter in the oven in time as short as 10 minutes. :)

I just love the therapeutic effect that baking evokes, to me that is. It might be costly initially, but looking how a cake turns out well and how people enjoy the end product, it is indeed satisfying..... But what's the saddest thing? My parents always don't like the cakes which I bake, other than the stupid chiffon cakes.... Plus another stupid ass, stupid SO!! Another one who is hard to please. I think it's because of the fact that I baked it, which explains why he doesn't like it!!! Nabei, I am more than confident of my baking skills with so many honest friends around me. Just enjoy putting me down only *spits*, trying to act like a connoisseur when you're just a pig who eats almost everything!! IDIOT!!!

Cake Fact: Increasing the amount of wet ingredient doesn't ensure that you get a moist cake. In fact, when you add too much liquid into the batter, it loses the ability to hold the air bubbles created during creaming/whipping, which is responsible for the soft and tender texture of a cake. Loss of air bubbles will mean a dense, heavy cake. In addition, too much liquid means more contact between the proteins present in the flour with H2O, which means formation of a larger gluten network, resulting in a harder cake.



|Shi Hao| 10:46 PM|

------