Saturday, February 11, 2012
Okay, so I've mentioned in the second last post. I shall be posting a German song after "Tu Es Comme Ça" :) Oh yeah, I've gotten to know another German song! So now, I know TWO German songs (As if it's anything amazing -_-)!
Song's entitled 'Nur Im Meinem Kopf' which roughly translates to 'Only In My Head' :) Singer's called Andreas Bourani, who happens to have one of hairstyles which I really dislike, Afro....
Nur Im Meinem Kopf
Ich kann in 3 Sekunden die Welt erobern
(I can conquer the world in three seconds)
Den Himmel stürmen und in mir wohnen.
(Storm through the sky and live in myself)
In 2 Sekunden Frieden stiften,
(Make peace in two seconds)
Liebe machen, den Feind vergiften.
(Make love, poison my enemies)
In 'ner Sekunde Schlösser bauen
(Build homes in a second)
2 Tage einzieh'n und alles kaputt hau'n.
(Move in in 2 days and destroy everything)
Alles Geld der Welt verbrenn'
(Burn all the money in the world)
Und heut' die Zukunft kenn'.
(And know today what the future brings)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Ich wär' gern länger dort geblieben,
(I’d have liked to have stayed there longer)
Doch die Gedanken kommen und fliegen.
(But thoughts come and go)
Alles nur in meinem Kopf
(Everything is just in my head)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Wir sind für 2 Sekunden Ewigkeit unsichtbar
(We’re invisible for eternity in two seconds)
Ich stopp die Zeit
(I can stop time)
Kann in Sekunden Fliegen lernen
(Can learn how to fly in seconds)
Und weiß wie's sein kann, nie zu sterben.
(And know what it would be like to live forever)
Die Welt durch deine Augen seh'n.
(See the world through your eyes)
Augen zu und durch Waende geh'n.
(Shut my eyes and walk through walls)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Ich wär' gern länger dort geblieben,
(I’d have liked to have stayed there longer)
Doch die Gedanken kommen und fliegen.
(But thoughts come and go)
Alles nur in meinem Kopf
(Everything is just in my head)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Du bist wie ich, ich bin wie du
(You’re like me, I’m like you)
Wir alle sind aus Fantasie
(We all come from a fantasy)
Wir sind aus Staub und Fantasie
(We come from dust and a fantasy)
Wir sind aus Staub und Fantasie
(We come from dust and a fantasy)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Ich wär' gern länger dort geblieben,
(I’d have liked to have stayed there longer)
Doch die Gedanken kommen und fliegen.
(But thoughts come and go)
Alles nur in meinem Kopf
(Everything is just in my head)
Und das ist alles nur in meinem Kopf.
(And all that is just in my head)
Alles nur in meinem Kopf
(And all that is just in my head)
In meinem Kopf
(In my head)
Ich wär' gern länger dort geblieben,
(I’d have liked to have stayed there longer)
Doch die Gedanken kommen und fliegen
(But thoughts come and go)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CNY's finally over, time to get down to work and start studying, like please please please, let me have the motivation to study! NMAMTF
I must make sure that my cap will go over 3.0 for this sem! I MUST DO IT!!! ROAR!!!!!!!!
I am still forcing myself to study up till now and the duration are really really short for each session. It isn't long before I find myself end up watching Nigella Lawson or reading up new cake recipes blah blah blah.
So yeah. I hope that I will be able to fight off all temptations and just get into my notes and study like MAD! REAL MAD!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ooo... I went to M'sia last week to visit my cousin and knowing that I'm crazy for cakes, she brought me to this awesome place called 'Moonlight Cake House'
Okay, I know that the name may sound little corny to some, but the place is really really awesome. Not awesome in a sense that they sell awesome cakes, but awesome in a sense that it's the first time I've been in a cake parlour! :D SO EXCITED!!!
True to its name, there are lots of cakes being sold here
I forgot what cake is this... nothing about this cake attracts me, neither the flavour nor the decoration.
This is their tiramisu cake. I didn't order this, the only thing which attracted me to this cake is the lines on the side of it.
I was wondering how they actually dust the cocoa powder onto the side to achieve that shading effect.
Their Oreo cake. Nothing special either, just some choc frosting, half Oreos and chocolate shards on the middle.
Forgot what this cake was also, but I'm really keen to know how they make the white choc decos.. :D
I think this is Mango cheesecake or something like that. I really love how bright the colour is when everything comes together. The marbling effect is a little out of place if you ask me. I didn't try this actually, though it's really pretty, cause I ain't that great a fan of cheesecakes :P
These are 2 of my favourite cakes, deocoration wise. The one on the left is Chocolate Hazelnut, I managed to get a slice of that, but I didn't manage to try that flowered shape cake :( I really love those choc 'tiles' which are on the top of the Choc hazelnut cake. The random arrangement gives it a really rustic but alluring appearance. Then from all that debris, out pops a nicely sculpted chocolate flower :) How pretty can it still get? :)
I so wanna try that flowered shape cake :( Too bad that they don't sell it in slices
This is another one which I like too. Forgot what flavour was this either, and I didn't get to try it too. I think the beauty of this cake is all attributed to the white petals at the back of the fruits. If not I think this will be a rather plain looking cake with just while fruits and bits of mangoes.
This is another one which I like :) It may look messy on first sight but on a closer look, they are actually arranged in a orderly manner. That's what we Chinese say '乱中有序' :)
And this is the one which I like the most. I don't need to explain much, it's self-explanatory :D
Anyway, after much consideration, these are the 3 cakes which I ordered
Chocolate Hazelnut Cake. It ain't that bad taste wise. Texture wise, the cake is is kinda rough and the frosting isn't as silkly smooth as it ought to be. Kudos to the deco, not so for the taste.
Black Forest Cake. I was a already very disappointed with the outlook of the cake once they cut out a slice from the cake. The reason why black forest stands out from other chocolate cakes is because of the cherries as fillings. But just look at this, there is only like one cherry visible throughout the whole slice. Taste wise, it's even MORE DISAPPOINTING!! :(
Amazingly, the cake which I like most wasn't a chocolate cake... It was instead......
a Green Tea Custard Cake! It wasn't too sweet, and the aroma of green tea wasn't too over powering, and the bits of red beans filled between each layer enhances the taste and texture of the cake. Without it, I think the cake will be rather plain :) But still, I realise all the sponges in the shop are rather rough rather than velvety :(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much are you willing to walk for $1.50? I walked ABOUT FREAKING 6 KM OVER 27 STREETS last night just for a MISERLY $1.50!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! And what makes things worse?? SOME IDIOT JUST AIN'T APPRECIATIVE ENOUGH and kept complaining about how long I took to walk!!! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!!!!!
气死我了!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, betting $250 on a soccer match. The person is DEFINITELY OUT OF HIS FREAKING MIND!!!!! Please don't get it wrong, I'm not the crazy ass! Irritating, how can you even take such a risk?! IS MONEY REALLY THAT EASY TO EARN FOR YOU?! ARGH!!!!
I PRAY SINCERELY THAT YOU LOSE!!!!!!! LOSE!!! I HOPE YOU LOSE THE $250!!!!! THAT WILL TEACH YOU A BLOODY GOOD LESSON!!!!
LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!! LOSE!!!
|Shi Hao| 9:52 PM|
------