Sunday, May 20, 2012
I just got to know of this song yesterday but it's already stuck in my head. It's really one of the more beautiful song which I have heard since quite a long time. It's possesses such ethereality like the voice of Dido, a soothing tune and a tranquil quality
The song's called Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift, featuring The Civil Wars (I bet not many have heard of them, they are a more recent country band that produces the more traditional country sounds rather than the country pop music by the likes of Lady Antebellum and Taylor Swift), from the hit film, The Hunger Games
Safe And Sound
I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said
Don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight...
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe & sound...
Don't you dare look out your window darling;
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone, gone
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe & sound...
Oooooo
Lala..
Oooooo
Lala...
Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe & sound...
Oooooo,..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigh, just when I was still drowned in the excitement of working in a bakery, I got fired :( Reason as per the boss saying that after some discussion with the other boss, they have decided to end the business, though I suspect that its more of trying to cut manpower rather than to end the business (they really do not need that much manpower). I'm not sore over being fired, its not the 1st time anyway. I just felt that it was kinda pity that when I finally found a job which I really enjoy, it have to end that quickly :( and now it looks like that I have to go back to those boring and meaningless office jobs.
Office jobs does have their perks, higher pay than F&B related jobs, but that's just about it for me. Other than that you just spend your day filling up forms and sending emails, argh..... I don't want to live my life this way! I would rather be paid less for doing something which I really like than to be paid more for doing some brain cells and life force draining bullshit!!!
But oh well, sometimes we don't really have that many choices in life do we? Just went for an interview at BGC groups the other day. While waiting for the interviewer, I took notice of their poster which depicts 3 people in office suits punching their fists into the air with a great big grin on their faces. They do seem so happy and accomplished in life from the poster. But honestly, I am not picking up any of the positivity that the poster is trying to portray. Instead, I am just seeing the dark and gloomy side of it. Slogging your guts away for the company which you are working for, ensuring that every process is going smoothly. At the end of the day, you only earn like 0.00001% of the profits?? While those on the top will get the most.
I am not saying that those on the top are not doing anything. But the thing is, is what you get at the end of the day worth your effort? People trapped in the Rat Race, following the conventional route of getting a white collared job after graduation, and gradually becoming a zombie? Everyone around me is talking about getting jobs in the finance, banking, government sector. When I ask them what do they really enjoy and want to do in life, their answers usually will have nothing even remotely related to what they are currently doing. I understand that one have to be practical and not lose track with reality, sigh.... the dilemma :(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if such a case is something to be sad about. But I guess it makes letting go far much easier :)
Au revoir :)
|Shi Hao| 12:04 AM|
------